Description of Program
A Board of Directors consisting of a representative from each affiliate member organization, including several members-at-large, manages the Foundation. The Foundation’s directors shall likewise serve as the Grant Review Board (GRB) of the Grants Awards Program, and are responsible for developing, maintaining, and enforcing guidelines for the administration of the Grants Awards Program.
The Grants Awards Program is designed to accept contributions from private sector and public sector sources, and to make periodic distributions of grants and funding awards from the assets from the Foundation’s ‘field of interest’ investment fund account, in coordination with the investment fund administrator, for the purpose of providing grant funding specifically to those affiliate member organizations represented in good standing within the Foundation, which have applied for, and approved to be awarded, a designated sum of grant funds to be distributed by the Foundation, for the preservation of valuable heritage and history of Johnson County.
Affiliate member organizations that receive grant awards from the Johnson County Kansas Heritage Foundation will be held accountable for the proper used funds in accordance with the Articles and Bylaws, Policies and Procedures.
Included within the administration of the Grant Awards Program, the GRB Board shall:
- Establish criteria eligibility to apply for a JCKHF grant
- Establish criteria for grant Eligible projects
- Establish criteria for projects ineligible to receive JCKHF grant awards
- Develop forms for the application, evaluation, and award criteria
- Develop guidelines and policies and procedures for review, award, and implementation processes
- Receive, review, evaluate and rank grant applications from affiliate member organizations
- Recommend grants and funding awards allocated from the Foundation investment fund
- Determine timelines and schedules for process within the Grants Awards Program
- Develop fiscal procedures to assure the effective administration of the Grants Awards Program
The Foundation serves as the primary contact for the Grants Awards Program (JCKHF Final Grant Policy and Procedures 2020). Inquiries regarding applications, policies and procedures, or grant awards to the Foundation may be directed to the address below:
Johnson County Kansas Heritage Foundation
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061-3002